The Throwback Sweater Workshop
The Throwback by Andrea Mowry continues. Not too late to begin, give us a call for details - May 2nd, 9th, 23rd, and June 6th at 6:00 pm Cost is $85 for 4 workshop sessions.
Andrea says this sweater was inspired by her childhood and weekends spent in northern Michigan on the sand dunes. It is her favorite cardigan for layering and keeping warm during the Fall right through Winter! It is worked flat from the top down, seamlessly, except for the sleeves which are knit in the round. You will learn or improve your stranded knitting skills, and play with color in this beautiful cozy cardigan!
Prerequisite Skills: long-tail cast on, knit stitch and purl stitch
- Throwback Cardigan Pattern
- Needles for gauge, stitch markers, tapestry needle.
- Tapestry needle
- Highlighting tape (to mark rows) is highly recommended.
Prep Work: Complete Gauge Swatch as per pattern instructions. Do not cut your yarn or block your swatch (you will be reusing this yarn). Adjust your needle size if necessary to obtain gauge. If you are unsure how to make or measure a proper gauge swatch, please contact the store for guidance.
- It is critical to have your prep work completed prior to class to get the most out of this workshop.
- Students should know how to Knit, Purl, Increase, Decrease and will learn about Short Rows.
- Andrea Mowry's Throwback pattern is included in the workshop fee.
Note: There is also a Throwback KAL Saturday afternoons at the Studio, during the summer, however no instruction will be provided.
Classes at Rita Mae's
- You can register online here, calling us at 717-699-1600, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by coming into the studio.
- Full payment is needed to reserve your space. Cancellations must be made at least 3 days before the first class for a store credit or to move to a different class or session. Unfortunately we cannot offer a store credit if we receive less than 3 days notice. If a class is canceled, you’ll receive a full refund.